06 May Regional Small Business Owners Migration Pathway
Business 491 Visa Subclass
If you are currently residing and running a small business in the designated regional areas of Queensland, you could obtain permanent residency in Australia.
To be eligible you must be working in an occupation that is in demand in Australia and must meet the following criteria:
- Have achieved at least 65 points in the Points Test
- Have a positive skills assessment
- Be less than 45 years old
- Have at least Competent English
- Have previous business experience or qualifications to successfully conduct the business (or have prior involvement in a family-run business)
- Hold a visa that permits working full-time and running a business for a minimum of 35 hrs per week
- Have bought an existing business in a regional area of Queensland for a minimum of $100,000
- Be the sole owner of the business (100% ownership; partnerships or joint ventures are not eligible)
- Must have been running the business for a period 6 months before application
- Have at least one Australian resident employee who is working a minimum of 20 hrs per week
- Have sufficient funds for settlement.